General Terms and Conditions for Holistic Beauty Ltd in Reading
Please read carefully the list below of our General Terms & Conditions to familiarise yourself on how we operate.
Our commitment to our clients
- All treatments provided by Holistic Beauty Ltd (HBL) will last for the specified duration purchased. i.e. a 55-minute treatment will last 55 minutes.
- All new clients must complete a consultation form prior to treatment and will receive up to 5 minutes consultation in addition to their treatment.
- Treatments will only be conducted if HBL deems the treatment safe for the client to receive. A full refund will be given (to include admin charge) if HBL is unable to carry out the treatment due to contra-indications.
- GP/Consultant permission may be required before treatments can be provided.
- As well as cash and personal cheques, we accept all major credit and debit cards.
- Upon booking a treatment slot, you will be charged the full treatment cost, and an admin fee of 1.95% to secure the booking.
- There is a minimum spend of £25 if you wish to pay for additional items/services with card at the end of the treatment session.
- The full cost of treatment acts as your deposit. This deposit is non-refundable if treatments are missed or cancelled without prior and valid 24 hours notice. If you attend the appointment, then you ONLY pay for any additional treatments purchased.
- A booking is confirmed once HBL and the client have both agreed to a date, time, duration and location for a treatment, this includes the online booking system.
- If a cancellation is made more than 24 hours before a treatment, HBL will return the full deposit. However, the admin fee of 1.95% is none refundable.
- If a cancellation is made within 24 hours of the treatment, the customer will be expected to pay a cancellation fee of the full value of the treatment session booked.
- This cancellation fee may be waived at HBL's discretion.
- If appointments are missed or not cancelled on the day with a valid notice, the full deposit will be charged. Please be aware that we are strict on our 24 hour cancellation policy. You can contact us by phone (answer phone is always on) or by email or by text.
- HBL has the right to cancel a treatment by giving 24-hours notice.
- HBL has the right to cancel a treatment without notice if the room or environment is unsuitable for the treatment to be provided, or if the therapist is taken ill.
- HBL has the right to cancel a treatment without notice if the client is intoxicated or inebriated.
- HBL commits to rearranging treatments to a new time and date within two weeks of the cancelled treatment where possible.
- Late arrivals may, unfortunately, result in reduced treatment time. Therefore out of respect for other clients and the therapists, please make sure you arrive on time for your treatments. Otherwise, you will have to wait until being able to be fitted in depending on the time allocation for the treatment or your treatment will be rescheduled to alternative time.
- Out of respect for both the therapist and client, HBL asks that underwear is worn at all times during all massage treatments, there are no exceptions to this rule.
- HBL has the right to terminate a treatment immediately if the client demonstrates any inappropriate or sexual behaviour.
- Payment will be collected for the full treatment price.
- If the therapist is unable to collect money before leaving, an invoice will be sent to the client’s address.
- All invoices must be paid within 7 days of issue date otherwise further action may be taken.
- Vouchers can be used as payment towards any available, advertised treatments.
- Vouchers are only valid for one use.
- If the whole amount of the voucher is not used, another voucher for the remaining voucher sum will be issued.
- Vouchers are only valid for 12 months, up to and including the expiry date.
- Postage will only be charged for vouchers that are paid for online or over the phone and then posted.
- If postage is paid, but vouchers are delivered during a treatment, the postage fee charged will be returned to the customer in cash.
- Refunds are not available for vouchers already paid for and provided.
- Feedback forms will be sent to clients at HBL's discretion.
- Content may be used in publicity material and on the website, with the permission of the author.
- Website content will be authorised and managed at HBL's discretion, including testimonials.
- Photographs will only be displayed with the consent of the people in the photograph.
- Photograph consent may be obtained by HBL verbally, or in writing, if the client completes a photo release form.
- Photo release forms can be requested by phone or email.
- Client treatment details will not be discussed with anyone other than the client unless the client is under the age of 18 or has a care worker or guardian.
- Consultations will only be discussed with the client unless the client is under the age of 18 or has a care worker or guardian.
- Consultation Forms and treatment notes will be kept on file, securely by HBL.
- All new clients must complete a consultation form prior to receiving HBL treatments. Treatment notes will be taken during each treatment and kept on file.
- By signing the consultation form, clients are giving HBL permission to hold records and data about them.
- Personal information will not be shared with any third parties.
- Clients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The adult must give permission for the treatment to be performed.
- The adult must co-sign the client’s consultation form.
- The adult must be present in the room throughout the treatment.
- If a client wishes to make a complaint about HBL, this must be emailed to the address specified at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complaints must include the date and location of the incident, the full name of the complainant, details of the complaint and a desired outcome following the complaint.
- All complaints will be taken very seriously and a response will be provided within 28 days.
- HBL is registered with Babtac.
- HBL abides by the code of ethics provided by Babtac.
- HBL is fully insured by Babtac Insurance Services.
- The promoter and business owner is Miss Laura Priest BSc (Hons).
- Facebook Competitions - Anyone who ‘Likes and Shares’ the Facebook business page Holistic Beauty Ltd, will have their name added to the prize draw for a chance to win a prize issued by the promoter. This opportunity is also open to family members and friends who have connections with the promoter.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter a competition unless otherwise stated.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered.
- The prize taken may have an expiry date unless otherwise stated.
- The route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via: https://www.facebook.com/HOLISTICbeautyLTD/ unless otherwise stated.
- Closing date for entry will be 23:59, on the date chosen by the promoter. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted. The date and time of the prize draw will be chosen by the promoter.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The winner will be chosen at random by a name in the hat tombola.
- The winner will be notified by a Facebook announcement published on the Holistic Beauty Facebook Page on the prize draw date unless otherwise stated. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions for Everyday Heroes Discount
All members of the UK Emergency Services, NHS, Armed Forces and military veterans are entitled to receive 10% OFF their treatment when spending over £25.00 at Holistic Beauty.
In order to redeem this discount.
(i) a valid proof of employment including ID must be presented or alternatively (ii) a valid Blue Light Card or Defence Privilege Card must be presented upon payment of treatment. Discount cannot be exchanged for (i) cash and is non-transferable. Discount cannot be used in (ii) conjunction with any other offer or promotion. Discount cannot be used to (iii) purchase gift cards. Holistic Beauty reserves the right to refuse any ID that it deems to be invalid or fraudulent. Holistic Beauty reserves the right to (i) cancel this offer at any time; (ii) refuse to allow any individual to participate in this offer; and (iii) amend these terms and conditions.
Late Payments, Invoices and Interest charges
When a payment becomes late
Government legislation allows HBL to claim interest and debt recovery costs if another business or public organisation is late paying for goods or a service.
A payment date will be shown on the invoice. All outstanding funds/payments are expected to be paid before on on the date shown on the invoice. Legislation states that these dates must usually be within 30 days for public authorities or 60 days for business transactions.
A longer period than 60 days for business transactions may be agreed by both parties in writing - but it must be fair to both businesses.
If a payment date is not agreed, the law says the payment is late 30 days after either:
- the customer gets the invoice
- you deliver the goods or provide the service (if this is later)
Interest on late commercial payments
The interest HBL can charge if another business is late paying for goods or a service is ‘statutory interest’ - this is 8% plus the Bank of England base rate for business to business transactions. HBL cannot claim statutory interest if there’s a different rate of interest in a contract. HBL cannot use a lower interest rate if the contract is with public authorities.
Current Official Bank Rate 0.75% (Example (taken from HMRC website)
If your business were owed £1,000 and the Bank of England base rate were 0.5%:
- the annual statutory interest on this would be £85 (1,000 x 0.085 = £85)
- divide £85 by 365 to get the daily interest: 23p a day (85 / 365 = 0.23)
- after 50 days this would be £11.50 (50 x 0.23 = 11.50)
Claim debt recovery costs on late payments
Currently, legislation states that HBL may also charge a business a fixed sum for the cost of recovering a late commercial payment on top of claiming interest from it. The amount of HBL is allowed to charge depends on the amount of debt. HBL can only charge the business once for each payment.
Amount Of Debt What You Can Charge
|Up to £999.99||£40|
|£1,000 to £9,999.99||£70|
|£10,000 or more||£100|
These amounts are set by late payment legislation. If you’re a supplier, you can also claim for reasonable costs each time you try to recover the debt.
The Garden Retreat,
35 Underwood Road,